NEET SS Gynecological Oncology has emerged as a branch which is demanding and the number of seats is now being increased in different institutions throughout the country. With new policies and changes now the neet ss test series exams are conducted by NBE.
Gynecological Oncology is an upcoming branch and new centres and Medical Colleges in India are offering this branch now after clearance of Mch exams.
Most Mch Aspirants want to know what is asked in these Superspeciality examinations and how to study and what to study.
The approach to study for this branch needs to be standard, simple, time is friendly and most effective.
Details of Examination
§ Exam: NEET Mch
§ Conducted by : NBE
§ Level: Pg Superspeciality
§ Duration: 3 years
§ Probable Upcoming Dates: November
§ Question Type : MCQs
§ Exam : Single Day Online Examination
Lots of Modifications done by NBE
What Concepts are checked in NEET Mch Gynecological Oncology?
Taking a case of a 35 year old housewife with vaginal bleeding
A 40 year-old housewife was worried because she started to have vaginal discharge and unscheduled vaginal bleeding. She sought medical advice and the doctor asked for Pap smear. The cytology report included mild dysplasia (CIN I), with HPV infection, and squamous metaplasia. The doctor recommended follow up of the patient. Two years later she started to complain of dyspareunia, and postcoital bleeding, and dysuria. She went to a gynecologist who did vaginal examination and saw a large fungating, partly ulcerated mass in the cervix. The base of the mass was indurated and attached to the surrounding structures. The doctor asked for immediate surgery to assess the grade and stage of the tumor.
The students should be able to:
· Know pathologic terms as metaplasia, dysplasia, and neoplasia, Carcinoma-in-situ (CIN)
· Know the pathogenesis of squamous dysplasia.
· Know the sequence of events from progression of dysplasia caused by HPV to Carcinoma-in-Situ and Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the cervix.
· Know viral oncogenesis and identify role of HPV in development of Cancer cervix. (Asked in Neet Mch Gynecological Oncology)
· Know different methods of lab diagnosis of cancer particularly those which are used for the early diagnosis of cancer of the cervix.
· Know the gross and microscopic criteria of malignant neoplasm.
· Know grading and staging of tumors. (Asked in Neet Mch Gynecological Oncology)
· Know the importance of early diagnosis of cancer
· Know the methods of spread of malignant tumors.
· Know the investigations needed for proper assessment of this condition
· Know the risk factors of cancer cervix as an example of malignant tumors. (Asked in Neet Mch Gynecological Oncology)
· Know Role of heredity in development of cancer cervix
· Know of community in prevention and early diagnosis of cancer; mention the methods of prevention of carcinoma of the cervix.
Management of Cancer Cervix: General Principles to be followed
§ All stages (I-IV) are radiosensitive.
§ Stages of cancer cervix that are operable (radical/Wertheim’s hysterectomy) are 1A1, 1A2, IB and IIA.
§ Stages IIB-IV are not operable and have to be treated with radiotherapy only. (Asked in Neet Mch Gynecological Oncology)
· In squamous cell cancers, before giving radiotherapy, a chemotherapeutic agent is given to increase the sensitivity of the cells to radiation called as radiosensitiser. In Cancer Cervix Cisplatin is used as a radiosensitiser. (Asked in Neet Mch Gynecological Oncology)
§ Use of Cisplatin has resulted in reduction in local recurrence and distant metastasis
Latest Questions asked on Oncological aspects of
§ Dermoid cyst
§ Krukenbergs tumor
§ Lichen planus
§ Lichen sclerosus
§ Vulval carcinoma
§ H. mole
Importance of Markers such as
§ Alpha fetoprotein
§ Lactate dehydrogenase
§ Human chorionic gonadotropin
§ Placental alkaline phosphatase
§ CEA Levels
§ CA 125
§ Alkaline phosphate
§ Lactate dehydrogenase
Intervention and use of Modalities in Gynecological Oncology like
§ Pap Smear
§ Bone Scans
§ PET Scan
§ Peritoneal biopsies
§ New Tumour Markers
§ Intravenous pyelogram(IVP)
A thorough knowledge of facts pertaining to Gynecological oncology as mentioned below should be known:
§ Presentations of tumours
§ Risk Factors
§ Management Plans
§ Cost effective managements
§ Drugs used and their doses and side effects
§ Follow up of Oncological cases
Students preparing for this branch cannot underestimate the number of Questions asked by Examiners about the commonly used drugs, latest investigations, treatment modalities, immune markers, tumour markers, genetics and syndromes in Gynecological Oncology.
Our Gynecological Oncology Experts keep an eye on Developments around the NEET SS test series Examinations. Most students take our Gynecological Oncology Packages and are benefitted by our Gynecological Oncology online tests which provide them practice in real time, reassurance and confidence for actual exam scenarios.
Read Similar Articles: