1) What is the best time for appearing in MRCS Part A for Indian doctors?
2) Can I appear in MRCS Part A after after successfully completing my pg entrance exams?
3) What is the best time for appearing in MRCS Part B exams for Indian doctors?
4) After doing MRCS part A, within how much time we have to pass MRCS part B?
5) Is MRCS Exam mandatory for doing FRCS?
There can be a direct entry to FRCS too but for experienced surgeons only and that too after satisfying a lot of other criteria. But MRCS makes it easier to get GMC registration, Royal college sponsorship, fellowships and jobs in the UK.
6) Can I start my preparation for MRCS immediately after finishing my housejob?
You can start your preparation for MRCS Part A immediately after finishing your housejob but it is always better to have some basic surgical experience before you appear for MRCS Part B.
7) What are the Subjects required to be read for MRCS Part A?/ What is the Syllabus of MRCS Part A?
Module 1: basic science knowledge relevant to surgical practice
(anatomy, physio, biochem, path, micro,)
Module 2: common surgical conditions (including general surgery and surgical subspecialty related conditions)
Module 3: basic surgical skills
Module 4: the assessment and management of the surgical patient
Module 5: perioperative care of the surgical patient
Module 6: assessment and early treatment of the patient with trauma
Module 7: surgical care of the paediatric patient
Module 8: management of the dying patient
Module 9: organ and tissue transplantation
Module 10: professional behaviour and leadership skills
MRCS Part A Preparation Plan and Books for MRCS part A
BEST BOOK FOR STUDYING CLINICAL EXAMINATION FOR MRCS PART B
PASTEST VS EMRCS VS ONEEXAM FOR PREPARATION OF MRCS PART A
A DISCUSSION ON MRCS EXAM ELIGIBILITY